Statistical Learning from a
This is a very nice book that presents much of viewing machine learning as a regression problem.
These are some notes and solutions that I came up with as I worked some of the problems therein.
Readers unfamiliar with this book can see what others have said here.
R Code For Various Problems:
As always, I am interested in hearing about any errors that might exist in this material.
- Chapter 1 (Statistical Learning as a Regression Problem):
- Chapter 2 (Regression Splines and Regression Smoothers):
- Chapter 3 (Classification and Regression Trees (CART)):
- Chapter 4 (Bagging):
- Chapter 5 (Random Forests):
- Chapter 6 (Boosting):
- Chapter 7 (Support Vector Machines):
Last modified: Sun Jul 13 17:55:46 EDT 2008